Aloo tamatar ki sabji is a delicious and popular Indian dish made with potatoes and tomatoes. Here’s the recipe:
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions and green chilies and sauté until onions turn golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until they become soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add cubed potatoes and mix well with the tomato mixture. Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or roti.
- Your aloo tamatar ki sabji is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
You must be logged in to post a comment.